The main responsibilities of the role are to help manage the day-to-day running of the finance department and assist with month-end tasks, working closely alongside the Finance Manager to ensure accurate and efficient processing and procedure compliance.
You will help to support all aspects of the finance department including both sales and purchase ledgers and maintenance of our supplier portal and internal systems.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Data entry into the accounts system (Sage 50)
- Processing of invoices received and reconciliation to the supplier portal
- Raising sales invoices and liaising with clients including credit control
- Dealing with queries sent to the accounts email inbox in a timely manner ensuring excellent working relationships are maintained with all clients and suppliers
- Any other duties assigned by Finance Manager or Management
Skills and experience
- Basic accounting knowledge; ideally A Level Maths & English and preferably a graduate with a degree in a field relevant to accounting
- Good knowledge of VAT and the different rates applied is essential
- Good understanding of sage accounts software (Sage 50)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to prioritise workload efficiently, a proactive approach to completing tasks and overcoming any difficulties faced within a busy environment
- Proficiency in Excel
- Double-entry knowledge is preferable but not essential
- The ideal candidate should have a keen passion for music and an avid desire to work within the industry. You must be able to work to tight deadlines which can change at the last minute. You must possess excellent organisational skills and be able to learn new things quickly. The role has great scope for progression and further studies.
Please submit your salary expectations with your CV.