An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and passionate music publicist to work in-house across our variety of global music brands and artists
We are looking for an independent, well-rounded individual with a strong creative streak and passion for electronic music, a nose for a unique story and a strong contact base.
AEI enjoys an influential presence across multi-platforms from live international events to digital media through to recorded music. A unique new music company, we have a glowing reputation within the electronic music industry and have a track-record of successes including chart-topping releases, key artist development and new media strategies.
Documenting electronic music for two decades, AEI-curated compilations have sold over a million units and represent the forefront of electronic music’s ever-developing playing field. They are often the first to market in their field such as UKF, Drum&BassArena, Majestic Casual and TheSoundYouNeed. In addition to albums, AEI releases singles and EPs across various labels including Hot Damn, All Trap Music, Titan, NCS (NoCopyrightSounds) and many more..
The role will entail planning and executing campaigns for our very busy release schedule.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Planning and executing PR campaigns. This will include brainstorming ideas for specific projects with the team, coming up with interesting ideas for features and liaising with other media outlets for coverage.
- Writing PR materials (press release, bios etc)
- Scheduling interviews
- Ensuring all releases are covered by press/online via reviews, news, features, premieres etc
- Putting together regular updates and reports of all campaigns
The role would suit a candidate with 1 – 2 years working in Music PR, with experience of working and managing artist/music campaigns. You will have a strong understanding of strategy, timelines and both online and print editorial cycles. The best candidate will be media fluent, be able to think outside the box and must have established relationships with media across varying levels of print and online (music blogs, news, specialist, lifestyle, regional and international).
Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications
- You must have a keen passion for and knowledge of a wide variety of electronic music ranging from Drum & Bass to Trap to House to Grime.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, problem-solver, and responsible self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects on deadline.
- Identify target markets through independent research.
- Proficient with Google Office, MS Word, Excel.
- Experience of working with both artists and music brands and knowledge of relevant media (music industry/trade, online music publications, music blogs, news, showbiz, brand/trade, tech media)
- Experience in PR strategy and development of PR plans for releases and pitches
- A relevant degree
- London office based
- Full time
- Please submit your salary expectations with your CV.
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV, a covering letter and your availability along with examples of your writing (press releases, bios etc). Or you can hit apply below and include all the requested information.
Please note: Due to the popularity of this role we can only reply to successful interview candidates.